Project Manager, MSc
Oulu University of Applied Sciences, Finland
+358 40 6612871
Project Manager in international programs: Construction Industry Innovation Challenge Program in Sharjah (UAE); Business Incubator Program in Kathmandu (Nepal) and HILLA ICT Leverage Program in Helsinki (Finland). Coordinator for Smart Learning products and services. Master of Science in Engineering. Over 25 years of experience in working with digital media and ICT. Further career credits in information technology and media, entrepreneurship, research, and educational tasks. Experienced in international project management in both private and public sectors. Leadership merits from acting several years as a CEO and partner in a software company engaged in international business activities. Special skills include strong knowledge of both ICT and digital media, and therefore ability to combine those two in commercially successful way.
Project Manager at Oulu University of Applied Sciences, Finland (Aug 2016 –)
- Project Manager in international programs: Construction Industry Innovation Challenge Program in Sharjah (UAE); Business Incubator Program in Kathmandu (Nepal) and HILLA ICT Leverage Program in Helsinki (Finland).
Smart Learning Coordinator at Oulu University of Applied Sciences, Finland (Jan 2014 –)
- Coordinator for Smart Learning products and services. Development of educational services (such as Oulu Game LAB), learning product development, international sales and activity coordination, funding negotiations, planning, budgeting and preparation of international ICT related projects (i.e. EU/Horizon 2020 program).
Lecturer at Oulu University of Applied Sciences, School of Media, Finland (Jan 2005 – May 2017)
- Lecturer in the following topics: project management, negotiation skills, media production, digital media and ICT, business models, selling an idea, entrepreneurship.
Internet & ICT Coordinator at Oulu University of Applied Sciences, Finland (Jan 2010 – Dec 2013)
- Coordinating Internet & ICT development in multi-professional and international workgroup at Oulu University of Applied Sciences. Tasks include funding negotiations with private and public sectors, ICT strategy planning and project management.
Researcher at Center for Internet Excellence, Finland (Aug 2009 – Dec 2013)
- Research of ICT and digital media related topics including video distribution and streaming technologies, internet service businesses, content production and service design.
Project Manager at Oulu University of Applied Sciences, Finland (Jun 2006 – Dec 2009)
- Project Manager for multi-professional ICT & media project initiative supported by EU funding from various sources (ESF, ERDF, TEKES).
CEO, partner at Arts & Minds Oy, Espoo, Finland (Jul 1999 – Oct 2004)
- CEO and partner of a privately owned ICT & digital media SME. Employer up to 10-15 workers. Projects include product sales and consultation for telecommunication companies, construction engineering and law offices.
Project Manager at Tietotoimisto Ky, Espoo, Finland (Feb 1995 – Jun 1999)
- Project Manager for various ICT & Media related B2B projects. Customer range from SME's to large enterprises and public bodies.
Research Assistant at Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland (Mar 1994 – Feb 1995)
- Lappeenranta University of Technology, Master of Science, Engineering, 1987 –1994
- Oulu University of Applied Sciences / School of Vocational Teacher Education, Pedagogical studies 2005 – 2007
Mobile Devices, Digital Media, Entrepreneurship, Mobile Applications, Mobile Technology, Project Management, User Experience, Innovation Management, Software Engineering, Management.
Finnish (native), English (fluent), Swedish (basics), Russian (basics), German (basics)